Join a Local Chapter to help build social change in your communityOr Start your own Local chapter
First, Pick your Continent to find the chapter closest to you.
Pinoy Harry Potter
Pinoy Harry Potter is a community chapter located in Manila, Philippines. They are constantly conducting events, and they work with local organizations for their events to make them even bigger and better. Just a few of their recent events include:
- An event in cooperation with Jolly Roger Rogers at the Silahis ng Kalusugan of the Philippine General Hospital. They threw a Christmas party for the kids at the ward and gave them presents as well.
- A Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts discussion at Powerbooks Bookstore. This was co-sponsored with Scholastic Asia and Powerbooks. They also gave away illustrated Chamber of Secrets and Fantastic Beasts poster books to some lucky participants.
About HPA Chapters
Why Start An HPA Chapter?
- You believe in the power of story to inspire social change.
- You feel strongly about taking an active role in the improvement and empowerment of your local community.
- You think about Harry Potter (and the Doctor, and Katniss Everdeen, and…) a little bit more than the average person. In fact, you see these fictional heroes as role models for action in the real world.
- You also have a bunch of friends who feel the same way you do.
What Will You Gain?
- Leadership Experience: Our COs have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience as leaders in a non-profit setting while playing an active role in real social change.
- Training and Development: Our COs have access to an exclusive Harry Potter-themed training program from which they will emerge fully equipped to lead their communities. Additionally, we now offer Granger Leadership Academy, a semi-annual leadership conference that provides a variety of excellent fan activism workshops and presentations from fandom leaders like Melissa Anelli and Andrew Slack.
- A Fun and Supportive Community: Leading or joining an HPA chapter means being part of something truly unique and special: a real-life Dumbledore’s Army that spans 25 countries, speaks over a dozen languages, shares a passion for multiple fandoms, and fights multiple forms of worldsuck.