Join a Local Chapter to help build social change in your communityOr Start your own Local chapter
First, Pick your Continent to find the chapter closest to you.
The Chocolate Frog
The Chocolate Frog was founded on the premise that young people can fully affect change and they can use whatever tools they already have to do so. The Harry Potter books have influenced generations and to be able to create positive change in our Muggle world was more than a dream come true for the die hard Potterheads in Guyana. Since our birth in January, 2015 we've run 3 campaigns and we've all been super proud of them. We ran our first Accio Books! Drive in December, 2015 which benefited the Paediatrics Ward of the Georgetown Public Hospital and the Ptolemy Reid Rehabilitation Centre -- we donated over 100 books in total. We plan on doing the same this year, this time- benefiting the school at the Ptolemy Reid Rehabilitation Centre along with our ongoing reading and story telling campaign. For Easter this year, we donated used clothes and new hygienic products to the homeless persons staying at the Night Shelter. We had a games day and provided pedicures and manicures to the elderly. Our day with these wonderful people can only compare to eating a huge chunk of chocolate after a Dementor encounter. That is, of course, where we got our name: we want to be that warmth to those who need it after real life Dementor attacks.
About HPA Chapters
Why Start An HPA Chapter?
- You believe in the power of story to inspire social change.
- You feel strongly about taking an active role in the improvement and empowerment of your local community.
- You think about Harry Potter (and the Doctor, and Katniss Everdeen, and…) a little bit more than the average person. In fact, you see these fictional heroes as role models for action in the real world.
- You also have a bunch of friends who feel the same way you do.
What Will You Gain?
- Leadership Experience: Our COs have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience as leaders in a non-profit setting while playing an active role in real social change.
- Training and Development: Our COs have access to an exclusive Harry Potter-themed training program from which they will emerge fully equipped to lead their communities. Additionally, we now offer Granger Leadership Academy, a semi-annual leadership conference that provides a variety of excellent fan activism workshops and presentations from fandom leaders like Melissa Anelli and Andrew Slack.
- A Fun and Supportive Community: Leading or joining an HPA chapter means being part of something truly unique and special: a real-life Dumbledore’s Army that spans 25 countries, speaks over a dozen languages, shares a passion for multiple fandoms, and fights multiple forms of worldsuck.