Join a Local Chapter to help build social change in your communityOr Start your own Local chapter
First, Pick your Continent to find the chapter closest to you.
HPA-DC is a community chapter located in Washington, DC. They are a busy group! Some of their recent projects have included:
- Hosting a fundraiser on Facebook, Fantastic Beasts and How to Save Them, which raised over $200 for World Wildlife Fund.
- Participating in the Great Chapters Bake Off.
- Hosting a Yule Ball Party.
- Hosting a sock drive called Free Dobby.
- Organizing a Random Acts of Kindness Week.
About HPA Chapters
Why Start An HPA Chapter?
- You believe in the power of story to inspire social change.
- You feel strongly about taking an active role in the improvement and empowerment of your local community.
- You think about Harry Potter (and the Doctor, and Katniss Everdeen, and…) a little bit more than the average person. In fact, you see these fictional heroes as role models for action in the real world.
- You also have a bunch of friends who feel the same way you do.
What Will You Gain?
- Leadership Experience: Our COs have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience as leaders in a non-profit setting while playing an active role in real social change.
- Training and Development: Our COs have access to an exclusive Harry Potter-themed training program from which they will emerge fully equipped to lead their communities. Additionally, we now offer Granger Leadership Academy, a semi-annual leadership conference that provides a variety of excellent fan activism workshops and presentations from fandom leaders like Melissa Anelli and Andrew Slack.
- A Fun and Supportive Community: Leading or joining an HPA chapter means being part of something truly unique and special: a real-life Dumbledore’s Army that spans 25 countries, speaks over a dozen languages, shares a passion for multiple fandoms, and fights multiple forms of worldsuck.