Discord is like virtual Floo Powder, and we need Wizard Activists to be able to communicate with each other more often! We need a Discord Wizard to lead the way in organizing an HPA Discord server. You’ll help create a space that is fun, effective, and safe for our wizard activists.
This position requires 5 to 7 volunteer hours per week.
- Oversee the HPA’s Discord serve and create a sense of community.
- Communicate important HPA updates to Discord members.
- Work with the Street Team Project Leader(s) to build community among individual members of the HPA.
- Experience in community management and community building.
- Approach social justice actions with an intersectional lens.
- Excellent writing and communication abilities.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Do you love helping people? Are you often referred to as the parent of your friend group? You’d probably make a great Chapters Liaison. Liaisons work one on one with assigned chapters to help them with everything they need to be successful – from brainstorming on campaign ideas to getting through leadership transitions. Liaisons also help the Outreach team keep track of all of the awesome things their chapters are doing every month. This is a 5 hour/week time commitment.
- Manages the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox with the rest of the liaison team, answering questions and processing Start a Chapter requests.
- Contacts assigned chapters monthly to provide updates from the Chapters Department.
- Monitors chapter success and provides advice and mentorship when needed.
- Documents chapter activities and provides monthly reports to Chapters Department.
- Tracks assigned chapters’ active status and ensures contact information is up to date.
- Helps facilitate chapter leadership transitions.
- Reports to the Outreach Team Leader.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong follow through
- Positive attitude
- Organization and attention to detail
- Current or prior experience as a Chapter Organizer or member of a chapter is strongly preferred
We are always in need of Liaisons who either live outside of the US or have experience working with specific regions around the world to help serve our international chapters. Please let us know if you are interested in working with a specific region outside of the United States
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Social media is the backbone of the HPA’s campaigns and outreach. In order to continue to improve our engagement and thereby further our mission, it is important that we consistently track and analyze the data on our engagement. This volunteer position supports the HPA’s Department of Magical Causes and Correspondence by helping to track, analyze, and measure the impact of our digital communications. Analysts will also work with a team to help analyze and design the annual Wizard Activist Community Survey. We’re looking for people who have experience and passion for analytic data as well as a sophisticated understanding of social media.
This position reports to the Analytics Team Leads and the Campaigns Director and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Track weekly data for one or more official HPA social media platforms with an emphasis on analyzing the data for higher engagement.
- Compile a monthly report of assigned platform(s) and present to the Analytics Team Leads and Campaigns Director.
- Contribute to post-campaign reports.
- Attend regular analytics team meetings and all-staff meetings via Skype/Hangout.
- A passion for numbers and spreadsheets
- Understanding of social media engagement
- Consistent work and team player
- Interest in activism, stories, and fandom
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.
Housed in the Campaigns Department (the Department of Magical Causes and Communications), the Social Media Team strategizes, organizes, and produces all content for the HPA’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest and Linkedin accounts. This volunteer position will write draft copy for social media platforms as well as assisting with copywriting for other projects in the Campaigns Department such as the This Week in Wizard Activism newsletter, email blasts, press releases, and occasionally submissions for the quarterly magazine, The W.A.N.D. Copywriters may also assist with queueing and curating social media copy. We’re looking for someone with a natural talent for writing, familiarity with social media trends, and a reliable work ethic.
This position reports to the Social Media Team Lead and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Write draft copy for social media platforms following recommended topics and requests.
- Suggest content for social media platforms.
- Help brainstorm and strategize messaging for campaigns.
- Occasionally write copy for weekly newsletter, email blasts, press releases, the website, and The W.A.N.D.
- Keep abreast of all relevant updates to social media channels and trends.
- Attend monthly Social Media Team meetings and all-staff meetings via Google Meet.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and all common social media platforms
- Organized, efficient, and dedicated self-starter
- Interest in activism, stories, fandom, and popular culture
- Experience writing copy and/or reporting a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Sara at email@example.com. Your writing sample should demonstrate your ability to write posts for three HPA platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.