We're searching for volunteers who want to help train new wizard activists! Our Wizard Activist School provides free training in a wide range of leadership and activism skills to anyone who wants to learn. As a Wizard Activist School Facilitator, you will review responses to modules as they are submitted and provide feedback to trainees so that they can be sure they're getting a full grasp of the information and are ready to take on the world. Plus, you'll facilitate workshops with folks from around the world and help develop new modules as needed. This position requires a strong interest in the field of training and education, a willingness to be trained in these skills yourself, and motivation to respond to module responses in a timely and fully engaged fashion. Prior experience in public training is not necessarily required, but we're looking for folks who have the right personality to mentor trainees and are passionate about learning. If that sounds like you, let us know! This is a 7 hour/week commitment.
- Reports to the Wizard Activist School Team Leader
- Reviews responses to Wizard Activist School modules and gives feedback accordingly to maximize trainee understanding
- Answers training questions as needed
- Helps create new modules as needed, which may require research of subject areas and collaboration with team members and Director of Leadership and Education to assess curriculum
- Leads workshops on a variety of training subjects as necessary
- Assists in other department projects as needed
- Exceptional written communication
- Timeliness and willingness to work one on one with trainees
- Desire to learn more about leadership training
- Good humor and a positive attitude
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.
Social media is the backbone of the HPA’s campaigns and outreach. In order to continue to improve our engagement and thereby further our mission, it is important that we consistently track and analyze the data on our engagement. This volunteer position supports the HPA’s Department of Magical Causes and Correspondence by helping to track, analyze, and measure the impact of our digital communications. Analysts will also work with a team to help analyze and design the annual Wizard Activist Community Survey. We’re looking for people who have experience and passion for analytic data as well as a sophisticated understanding of social media.
This position reports to the Analytics Team Leads and the Campaigns Director and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Track weekly data for one or more official HPA social media platforms with an emphasis on analyzing the data for higher engagement.
- Compile a monthly report of assigned platform(s) and present to the Analytics Team Leads and Campaigns Director.
- Contribute to post-campaign reports.
- Attend regular analytics team meetings and all-staff meetings via Skype/Hangout.
- A passion for numbers and spreadsheets
- Understanding of social media engagement
- Consistent work and team player
- Interest in activism, stories, and fandom
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sara at email@example.com. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.
Housed in the Campaigns Department (the Department of Magical Causes and Communications), the Social Media Team strategizes, organizes, and produces all content for the HPA’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest and Linkedin accounts. This volunteer position will write draft copy for social media platforms as well as assisting with copywriting for other projects in the Campaigns Department such as the This Week in Wizard Activism newsletter, email blasts, press releases, and occasionally submissions for the quarterly magazine, The W.A.N.D. Copywriters may also assist with queueing and curating social media copy. We’re looking for someone with a natural talent for writing, familiarity with social media trends, and a reliable work ethic.
This position reports to the Social Media Team Lead and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Write draft copy for social media platforms following recommended topics and requests.
- Suggest content for social media platforms.
- Help brainstorm and strategize messaging for campaigns.
- Occasionally write copy for weekly newsletter, email blasts, press releases, the website, and The W.A.N.D.
- Keep abreast of all relevant updates to social media channels and trends.
- Attend monthly Social Media Team meetings and all-staff meetings via Google Meet.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and all common social media platforms
- Organized, efficient, and dedicated self-starter
- Interest in activism, stories, fandom, and popular culture
- Experience writing copy and/or reporting a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your writing sample should demonstrate your ability to write posts for three HPA platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.