Housed in the Campaigns Department (the Department of Magical Causes and Communications), the Social Media Team strategizes, organizes, and produces all content for the HPA's Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest and Linkedin accounts. This volunteer position will write draft copy for social media platforms as well as assisting with copywriting for other projects in the Campaigns Department such as the This Week in Wizard Activism newsletter, email blasts, press releases, and occasionally submissions for the quarterly magazine, The W.A.N.D. Copywriters may also assist with queueing and curating social media copy. We're looking for someone with a natural talent for writing, familiarity with social media trends, and a reliable work ethic.
This position reports to the Social Media Team Lead and will require an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Write draft copy for social media platforms following recommended topics and requests.
- Suggest content for social media platforms.
- Help brainstorm and strategize messaging for campaigns.
- Occasionally write copy for weekly newsletter, email blasts, press releases, the website, and The W.A.N.D.
- Keep abreast of all relevant updates to social media channels and trends.
- Attend monthly Social Media Team meetings and all-staff meetings via Google Meet.
- Experience writing copy and/or reporting
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and all common social media platforms
- Organized, efficient, and dedicated self-starter
- Interest in social change and activism
- Interest in stories, fandom, and popular culture
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Sara at email@example.com. Your writing sample should demonstrate your ability to write posts for three HPA platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.