One of the best parts of being a fandom organization is getting to work with lots of small businesses and creators! The HPA is often given opportunities to work with many different businesses and creators, and the Small Business and Creator Coordinator helps make sure we give each creator the attention they deserve!
The SBCC will work directly with businesses, creators, the HPA Finance Director and HPA Managing Director to assure smooth communications and support for initiatives. This is a 7 hour/week position.
- Track and coordinate existing relationships
- Maintain communication with small businesses/creators.
- Manage Poptivism (Popsockets) account, including adding new designs and reminding HPA Comms Team to promote the page at least once/month to ensure regular traffic to the page.
- Research new collaborators, fan creators, and fan businesses to look for new opportunities to collaborate.
- Attend regular Finance Team and HPA staff meetings, as well as meetings with the Managing Director as needed.
- Previous experience working with creators a plus, but not required
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills, especially via email
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient with Google productivity apps.
- Consistent follow-through on projects and ability to meet deadlines.
- Interest in social change and activism.
- A passion for civic engagement, education, equality, stories, fandom, and social change.
- Ability to succeed in an unpredictable start-up culture populated with artists and weirdos.