The Friends of the Apparating Library Book Club is a fun and social online book club for wizard activists who have donated to the HPA. The HPA is looking for a volunteer Book Club Co-Manager to work closely with our other Co-Manager to maintain current book club projects and develop new ideas. This volunteer position supports the HPA's development and community engagement departments by helping to curate a positive experience for the HPA's community of donors. We're looking for someone who has passion for books, discussion, organization, and geeking out with others about great stories.
This position reports to the Executive Director and will require an average of 5 volunteer hours per week.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Co-manage the Friends of the Apparating Library Book Club platform (currently on Goodreads).
- Maintain Book Club Twitter and Facebook group by posting and engaging with followers on a regular basis.
- Select books, develop discussion questions, leading community book talks, and working and coordinating with senior staff as needed.
- Develop a collaborative co-leadership dynamic with our other Co-Manager.
- Work with senior staff, volunteers, and members of the Book Club to produce monthly curated reading lists.
- Host monthly livestream discussions of featured books.
- Administer yearly survey of Book Club members and track donor engagement with the Book Club.
- Attend semi-regular Book Club planning meetings and all-staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for and knowledge of books and stories
- Experience engaging in and/or leading community discussions
- Experience with social platforms like Goodreads, Twitter, and Facebook
- Highly reliable and able to fully commit to co-leading the Book Club
- Consistent worker and self-starter
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about various online book culture platforms
- Interest in social change and activism
- Interest in fandom and popular culture
Please submit a cover letter and resume email@example.com you are interested. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.