There are two Accounting Specialists on the HPA’s finance team. Accounting Specialists provide support to the Finance Manager and Finance Director for many aspects of the HPA’s accounting functions. Important tasks include classifying expenses and income in QuickBooks, organizing the Finance Team’s Google Drive documents, and regular communication with other members of the Finance Team.
This position reports to the Finance Manager and requires an average of 7 volunteer hours per week.
- Respond to weekly check-in emails & attend team meetings
- Classify bank transactions daily
- Keep Finance Manager and Finance Director apprised of any issues that develop
- Obtain & file receipts in the Finance Team’s Google Drive folder
- Process reimbursements & stipends, as requested
- Reconcile deposits & fees for major fundraisers
- Other duties as assigned by Finance Manager or Finance Director
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Experience with QuickBooks, or willingness to learn
- Proficient with Google Docs, or willingness to learn
- Ability to learn new things quickly and enthusiastically
- Consistent follow-through on projects and effectively meet deadlines
- A passion for spreadsheets, education, civic engagement, equality, stories, fandom, and social change
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We'll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.