as of 5/30/16
In 2016, there are more ways to win points for your house than ever before: from advocating for libraries to donating diverse books to hosting events! Want some ideas? Use the Chapters Toolkit with your HPA Chapter, or check out this great list of easy ideas for participating on your own or with friends! Are you a library staff member? Check out our National Library Legislative Day Resource for Library Staff and learn how to bring Accio Books to your library!
Record your House Points!
What can you earn points for?
- For every book collected and donated in your local community!
- For every book donated to our official recipient - HPA Masaka & Good Shepherd School via Books for Africa! (Learn more about our partners in the THE ACCIO BOOKS BOOK DRIVE GUIDE 2016). Books intended for HPA Masaka should be mailed to: BFA Warehouse, 3655 Atlanta Industrial Drive, Bldg. 250, Atlanta, GA 30331
- For each book featuring people of color and/or LGBTQIA+ people as main characters or as the author(s). Support the movement for more diverse stories in Masaka and around the world!
- Post a picture on social media of your sweet Accio Books activities with #AccioBooks.
- Recruit a friend or family member to help you during Accio Books!
- For each book drive event. Feel free to host multiple events and earn points for each of them!
- Starting a chapter in your community. Learn how at on our Start a Chapter page!
- Donating 175 books or more. If you hit this goal, we'll send you a sweet Luna glasses printable. Don't forget to take a pic and tag it #AccioBooks!
- Be a hero for libraries: participate in a library advocacy action in your country! Check out the resources at www.thehpalliance.org/accio_books
- Host or attend a World Book Night event in your community!
- Host other literacy and/or education-related projects, activities, and events as part of Accio Books!